Tone & Fit
Increase Lean Mass
Bite-size Custard Tarts with Strawberries
Nutritional Values per serve (estimated)*
- 2 sheets Puff pastry, reduced fat, defrosted
- ¼ cup Custard powder
- 1 TBSP Sugar, caster
- 2 cups Milk, reduced-fat
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tsp Icing sugar
- 250g punnet Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Cut 12 x 8cm round out of the pastry sheets and press lightly into a lightly oiled muffin tray. Prick each round with a fork and bake for 6-8 minutes at 200C or until crisp and golden brown. Allow to cool on wire rack.
- To make the custard, combine castor sugar and ¼ cup milk in a saucepan, to form a paste. Stir in remaining milk and vanilla. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Slightly cool.
- To serve, spoon custard over pastry cups, sprinkle with icing sugar and top with strawberry slices.
Helpful Tips and Preferences
Hint: Press pastry lightly down into the pan if they have risen.
Copyright © 2018 Spotscreen
Recommended Daily Total:Women
Recommended Daily Total:Men
* The nutritional values listed in this recipe are an estimate only and are based on the recommended ingredients listed. The actual nutritional values may vary according to the brand, type and quantity of ingredient you use in the preparation of this recipe.